ExecutionEnvironment.readTextFile will read the file in parallel.

On 28.05.2016 09:59, David Olsen wrote:
After searching on the internet I still do not find the answer (with key word like 'apache flink parallel read text') I am looking for. So asking here before jumping to write code ...

My problem is I want to a read text file or split text files (from local file system). Therefore I want to parallel read those files and process them accordingly.

From what I discover so far:
- Use ExecutionEnvironment.readTextFile but this only serves with 1 thread(?) (meaning reading the file(s) from the beginning to the end) - Use streaming env to addSource[1] but that seems to me I need to implement my own source with RichParallelSourceFunction.
Is there any classes or impl that already can read text in parallel?
Thanks