Hi,
I think this document is still up-to-date since not much was done in these
parts of the code for the 1.0 release and after that.

Maybe Timo can give some insights into what optimizations are done in the
Table API/SQL that will be be released in an updated version in 1.1.

Cheers,
Aljoscha

+Timo, Explicitly adding Timo