Hi Do,

In DataStream you can always implement your own
sampling function, hopefully without too much effort.

Adding such functionality it to the API could be a good idea.
But given that in sampling there is no “one-size-fits-all”
solution (as not every use case needs random sampling and not
all random samplers fit to all workloads), I am not sure if we
should start adding different sampling operators.

Thanks,
Kostas