Hi,

The documentation says that there will be one thread per shard. If I my
streaming job runs with a parallelism of 10 and there are 20 shards, are
more threads going to be launched within  a task slot running a source
function to consume the additional shards or will one source function
instance consume 2 shards in round robin.

Is it any different for Kafka? Based on the documentation my understanding
is that if there are 10 source function instances and 20 partitions, each
one will read 2 partitions.

Also if partitions are added to Kafka are they handled by the existing
streaming job or does it need to be restarted? It appears as though Kinesis
handles it via the consumer constantly checking for more shards.

Thanks,
Sameer