Hi,
I'm heavily relying on TimeWindows for my real time processing. Roughly my job consumes from an AMQP queue, computes some time buckets and saves the time-buckets to Cassandra.

I found the EventTimeTriggerWithEarlyAndLateFiring [1] class which already helped me a lot: Even with long time-windows, I can get intermediate values already saved to Cassandra by using the earlyFiring (and setting "accumulating" to true.

My question is: Would it be possible to only write fire the trigger if the value of the TimeBucket has changed? What I actually want is only writing to Cassandra if there is actually something different in the time bucket.

And, as a side question: Why is something like the EventTimeTriggerWithEarlyAndLateFiring not in the default Flink distribution? It seems very handy.

[1]: https://github.com/dataArtisans/beam_comp/blob/master/src/main/java/com/dataartisans/beam_comparison/customTriggers/EventTimeTriggerWithEarlyAndLateFiring.java

Thanks,
Dominik