I've been thinking in several options to solve this problem:

1. I can use Flink savepoints in order to save the application state ,
change the jar file and submit a new job (as the new jar file with the
patterns added/changed). The problem in this case is to be able to correctly
handle the savepoints and because I must stop and start the job, the events
will be delayed.

2. I can compile java code at runtime using using java compiler library I
don't know if this would be a viable solution.

3. I can use a scripting language like you did, but I would lose the ability
to use the native Flink library which is available in scala and java.

Sent from the Apache Flink User Mailing List archive. mailing list archive at