Hi Jürgen,

Are you using the DataStream or the DataSet API?
Maybe the operator chaining is causing too many operations to be "packed"
into one task. Check out this documentation page:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/datastream_api.html#task-chaining-and-resource-groups

You could try to disable chaining completely to see if that resolves the
issue (you'll probably pay for this by having more serialization overhead
and network traffic).

If my suggestions don't help, can you post a screenshot of your job plan
(from the web interface) here, so that we see what operations you are
performing?

Regards,
Robert