Hi,

In my scenario I have click stream data that I persist in Kafka.
I use the sessionId as the key to instruct Kafka to put everything with the
same sessionId into the same Kafka partition. That way I already have all
events of a visitor in a single kafka partition in a fixed order.

When I read this data into Flink I get a generic data stream ontop of which
I have to do a keyBy before my processing can continue. Such a keyBy will
redistribute the data again to later tasks that can do the actual work.

Is it possible to create an adapted version of the Kafka source that
immediately produces a keyed data stream?

Niels Basjes