Hi Vinay!

 1. Will the existing functionality provided by Amazon to configure
in-transit data encrytion work for Flink as well. This is explained here:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/emr/latest/ReleaseGuide/emr-encryption-enable-security-configuration.html
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/emr/latest/ReleaseGuide/emr-data-encryption-options.html#emr-encryption-intransit

I don’t think so. AFAIK, the AWS security configurations needs to be integrated
for per-platform’s specific security features, and as of now, there doesn’t
seem to be an integration for Flink SSL encryption features, yet.

 2. Using Flink SSL Setup: as we know only the IP address of master node
on EMR , should we pass only its ip address in the SAN list as given here ?
(I think it should work as the yarn-cli command will distribute the
truststore and keystore to each TM )
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/security-ssl.html#use-yarn-cli-to-deploy-the-keystores-and-truststore

The generated certificate needs to cover all nodes (hostname and IP address).
Is it possible for you to use wildcard subdomain names to generate the
certificate?
I’m not entirely sure of the subdomain patterns of EMR nodes, but this should
be possible.

Cheers,
Gordon