From: Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 5:54 PM
To: Ray Ruvinskiy <ray.ruvins...@arcticwolf.com>
Cc: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: At what point do watermarks get injected into the stream?

Each parallel instance of a TimestampAssigner independently assigns timestamps.
After a shuffle, operators forward the minimum watermark across all input
connections. For details have a look at the watermarks documentation [1].
Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/event_time.html#watermarks-in-parallel-streams