Hi Kostas,

Thanks for the reply, makes things a bit more clear.

Also, I went through this link and it is something similar I am trying to
observe.

I am checking for timed out events and when I am using event time, its
behaviour is non-deterministic. For one pattern it's generating a few
'matched events' and for a different pattern no 'matched events'. And almost
no timedout events in any of the patterns unless I run the series of mock
events a second time, during which I get a series of anomaly events.

I had a topic created with this issue but I didn't get any satisfactory
solutions there, so was testing it with processing time whether it works
even or not.

https://gist.github.com/revolutionisme/cf675ceee1492b93be020d4526bc9d38
https://gist.github.com/revolutionisme/38578e631f7a15f02cb2488f9fe56c76

I would really like to know how to increment the watermark without any
events coming in, such that at least the timedout events are emitted by the
system.