Hi,
You do not need to install Flink onto the nodes.   The approach used by
Flink is that the task managers download a copy of Flink from the
appmaster.  The entire installation tree of Flink is downloaded (i.e. the
bin/lib/conf directories).   The only assumed dependency is Java, which may
be provided via a Docker image or via the JAVA_HOME environment variable
(see Mesos docs for --executor_environment_variables).

Let us know if you have further questions.

Hope this helps,
Eron