Hi Shashank,
enabling Avro as the default de/serializer for Flink should be as simple as
the following, according to [1]

val env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment
env.getConfig.enableForceAvro()

I am, however, no expert on this and the implications regarding the use of
Avro from inside Scala, so I included Gordon (cc'd) who may know more.

Nico

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/
types_serialization.html