Thanks for the response, Shailesh. However, when I try with python, I get the
same error as when I attempted this with cURL:

That is, if I tell python (or cURL) that my jar file is at
/path/to/jar/file.jar, the file path it uses on the server side includes
that entire path. And if I try the script with no path (i.e. run the script
in the folder where file.jar exists), it uploads an empty file named
file.jar.  The endpoint at file/upload seems to be take the form-data
element "jarfile" and use the fully qualified path when trying to save the
jar file on the server side.

Here is my equivalent attempt using cURL, which gives the same
FileNoFoundException as above: