Hi Yan,

there are no table source interfaces that allow for creating a retract stream directly yet. Such an interface has to be carefully designed because built-in operators assume that only records that have been emitted previously are retracted. However, they are planned for future Flink versions.

As a workaround you could implement a custom rule that translates parts of your plan into a custom DataStream operator. This might require some investigation how the translation is done internally because this is not documented. I don't know if it would be worth the effort. You might take a look at TableEnvironment.getConfig().setCalciteConfig() where you can add additional rules. You can use the available rules in org.apache.flink.table.plan.rules.FlinkRuleSets as a reference.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Timo