Ah, I see. Temporary Credentials are delegated through the AWS Security Token
Service through the AssumeRole API.
Sorry, I wasn’t knowledgable of the Temporary Credentials feature before.

Seems like we should add support for the
STSAssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider [1]. And yes, your observation is
correct that I think this would be a matter of extending the AWSUtil class.

I’ve filed a JIRA for the issue: FLINK-8417 [2]. Would you like to contribute
this feature? That would be of great help and I think it’ll be a useful
addition. If yes, feel free to ping me for any questions you may have.

Cheers,
Gordon

[1]
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSJavaSDK/latest/javadoc/com/amazonaws/auth/STSAssumeRoleSessionCredentialsProvider.html