Hello,

I don't know anything about Consul but the prospect of having other options beside Zookeeper is very interesting. It's rather surprising how little you had to modify existing classes to get this to work.

It may take a bit until someone provides proper feedback as the community is currently prepping 2 releases (1.4.1 and 1.5), please don't be discouraged by this.

I saw that your branch was based on the 1.4 version. In 1.5 we reworked the distributed architecture of Flink (in an initiative commonly referred to as FLIP-6) which may affect your work.

2 things to note from my side:
It would also be helpful if you could explain the differences between ZK and Consul and how they stack up in terms of guarantees etc. . How did you test your solution so far? (Like how long was a cluster running, what failure scenarios)