Hi,

The BucketingSink does not clean up pending files on purpose. In a distributed
setting, and especially with rescaling of Flink operators, it is sufficiently
hard to figure out which of the pending files you actually can delete and which
of them you have to leave because they will get moved to "final" as part of
recovering from a checkpoint on some other parallel instance of the sink.

You should only have these dangling pending files after a failure-recovery
cycle, as you noticed. My suggestion would be to periodically clean up older
pending files.

Best,
Aljoscha