Hi Till!

Thanks a lot for your useful reply.

So now I get it. I should not manipulate or disturb the network buffer
contents, as this will trigger other problematic behaviours. On the other
hand, the price of buffering the data in my operator first and e.g. sorting
them first based on some criterion, and then processing them...what is the
its impact to the efficiency/effectiveness of a streaming algorithm.

I mean, Flink is "pure" streaming, but not-so-pure due to the network
buffers, so if I use another buffering at site in each operator, this will
make my application slower and also this is not streaming, this becomes
batch.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Max