From: Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:55:12 AM
To: Yan Zhou [FDS Science]
Cc: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: flink sql: "slow" performance on Over Window aggregation with time
attribute set to event time

I see...
Another issue might be the frequency with which you emit watermarks (in case
you use a periodic watermark assigner).
You can set the interval with
StreamExecutionEnvironment.getConfig.setAutoWatermarkInterval() [1].
However, keep in mind that each watermark is an additional record which might
add overhead.

You can also play with the buffer timeout [2] to reduce the latency.

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/event_timestamps_watermarks.html#with-periodic-watermarks
[2]