Hi Aljoscha & co.,

Is there any way to monitor the state size yet? Maybe a ticket in Jira?

When using incremental checkpointing, the total state size can't be seen
anywhere. For example the checkpoint details only show the size of the
increment. It would be nice to add the total size there as well. The only
way I know currently for figuring out the total state size is by triggering
a manual savepoint. But this doesn't work at all if the state has grown so
big that savepoint times out.

Also when Flink restores state from an incrementally created checkpoint, it
doesn't offer a way to see the total size.