All,
I have another slow Memory Leak situation using basic TimeSession Window
(earlier it was GlobalWindow related that Fabian helped clarify).
I have a very simple data pipeline:
                    DataStream<PlatformEvent> processedData = rawTuples
.window(ProcessingTimeSessionWindows.withGap(Time.seconds(AppConfigs.getWindowSize(780))))
  .trigger(new ProcessingTimePurgeTrigger()) .apply(new IPSLAMetricWindowFn())
.name("windowFunctionTuple") .map(new TupleToPlatformEventMapFn())
.name("mapTupleEvent") ;
I initially didnt even have ProcessingTmePurgeTrigger and it was using default
Trigger. In an effort to fix this issue, I created my own Trigger from default
ProcessingTimeTrigger with simple override to onProcessingTime method
(essentially replacing FIRE with FIRE_AND_PURGE)
            @Override public TriggerResult onProcessingTime(long time,
TimeWindow window, TriggerContext ctx) { return TriggerResult.FIRE_AND_PURGE; }
This seems to have done nothing (may have delayed issue by couple of hours -
not certain). But, I still see heap utilization creep up slowly and eventually
reaches a point when GC starts to take too long and then the dreaded OOM.
For completeness here is my Window Function (still using old function
interface). It creates few metrics for reporting and applies logic by looping
over the Iterable. NO states are explicitly kept in this function, needed
RichWindowFunction to generate metrics basically.

public class IPSLAMetricWindowFn extends RichWindowFunction<NumericFactTuple,
BasicFactTuple, String, TimeWindow> {

 private static Logger logger =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(IPSLAMetricWindowFn.class);

 private Meter in;

 private Meter out;

 private Meter error;

 @Override

 public void open(Configuration conf) throws Exception {

     this.in = getRuntimeContext()

          .getMetricGroup()

          .addGroup(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.PROCESS)

          .meter(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.IN, new
MeterView(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.INTERVAL_30));

     this.out = getRuntimeContext()

          .getMetricGroup()

          .addGroup(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.PROCESS)

          .meter(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.OUT, new
MeterView(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.INTERVAL_30));

     this.error = getRuntimeContext()

          .getMetricGroup()

          .addGroup(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.PROCESS)

          .meter(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.ERROR, new
MeterView(AppConstants.APP_METRICS.INTERVAL_30));

 super.open(conf);

 }

 @Override

 public void apply(String key, TimeWindow window, Iterable<NumericFactTuple>
events, Collector<BasicFactTuple> collector) throws Exception {

 }

}

Appreciate any pointers on what could be causing leaks here. This seems pretty
straight-forward.
Thanks, Ashish