Hi all,

I am working on a prototype which should include Flink in a reactive
systems software. The easiest use-case with a traditional bank system where
I have one microservice for transactions and another one for
account/balances.
Both are connected with Kafka.

Transactions record a transaction and then send, via Kafka, a message which
include account identifer and the amount.
On the other microservice I want to have Flink consuming this topic and
updating the balance of my account based on the incoming message. it needs
to pull from the DB my data and make the update.
The DB is Couchbase.

I spent few hours online today, but so far I only found there's no sink for
Couchbase, I need to build one which shouldn't be a big deal. I haven't
found information on how I can make Flink able to interact with a DB to
retrieve information and store information.

I guess the case is a good case, as updating state in an event sourcing
based application is part of the first page of the manual. I am not looking
to just dump a state into a DB, but to interact with the DB: retrieving
data, elaborating them with the input coming from my queue, and persisting
them (especially if I want to make a second prototype using Flink CEP).

I probably even read how to do it, but I didn't recognize.

Can anybody help me to figure out better this part?

Thanks,
Y.