Hi,

You are correct that with sliding windows you will have 3600 “open windows” at
any point.
Could you describe a bit more what you want to do?

If you simply want to have an update of something like a counter every second,
then you can
implement your own logic with a ProcessFunction that allows to handle state and
timers in a
custom way (see [1]).

Hope this helps,
Kostas