Hi everyone,

We are using a simple Flink setup with one jobmanager and one taskmanager
running inside a docker container. We are having issues enabling the
*taskmanager.debug.memory.startLogThread
*setting. We added
*taskmanager.debug.memory.startLogThread: true*
*taskmanager.debug.memory.logIntervalMs: 1000*
to our flink conf (/opt/flink/conf/flink-conf.yaml).

The console prints
*2018-07-24 09:53:42,497 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: taskmanager.debug.memory.startLogThread, true*
(similarly for logIntervalMs). So it seems that those values are being read.

In the log folder, there is only a flink--client-bc7592c47b7b.log file with
no relevant information. We don't see any task- or jobmanager logs. We've
tried adding the env.log.dir and taskmanager.log.path directly to
flink-conf.yaml. We've also added custom log4j.properties to
/opt/flink/conf/ without any apparent success.

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Thanks!

Best,
Oliver