Hi,

Paul is right.
Which and how much data is stored in state for a window depends on the type
of the function that is applied on the windows:

- ReduceFunction: Only the reduced value is stored
- AggregateFunction: Only the accumulator value is stored
- WindowFunction or ProcessWindowFunction: All original records are stored.

So in Anna's jobs, each window only stores a single value.
Hence, the state size is independent of the size of the window (unless, the
reduced value collects values of all input records, e.g., in a list or set).

Best, Fabian