I dont think your exception / code was attached.

In general, this is largely depending on how your setup is. Are you trying
to setup a long-running YARN session cluster or are you trying to directly
use YARN cluster submit? [1].
We have an open-sourced project [2] with similar requirement submitting
compiled jobs on YARN, where we directly extends Flink's
AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.
maybe it can be a reference for you.

Thanks,
Rong