Hi,

you should expect that the size can vary for some checkpoints, even if the
change rate is constant. Some checkpoints will upload compacted replacements
for previous checkpoints to prevent that the checkpoint history will grow
without bounds. Whenever that
happens, the checkpoint does some „extra work“ by re-uploading compacted/merged
versions of previous deltas.

Best,
Stefan