Hi, Gyula

I met a similar situation.

We used flink 1.4 before, and everything is ok.

Now, we upgrade to flink 1.7 and use non-legacy mode, there seems something
not ok, it all refers to that it is impossible get the jobmanagerGateway at
client side. When I create a cluster without a job, I describe the cluster,
flink will throw the same exception as you pointed out. When I submit a
job, I want to trigger a savepoint at client side, it will also throw the
same exception.

Don't know why in non-legacy mode,flink will not write back the leader info
into zookeeper in the path of  /flink/app_99999_000/leader/000000000/job
_manager_lock. This causes all the operations fail when using the
jobmanagerGateway method in ClusterClient.

Hope someone can explain how to do this in a non-legacy mode.

Yours sincerely
Joshua