From:Gagan Agrawal <agrawalga...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2019年1月7日(星期一) 12:06
To:user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Buffer stats when Back Pressure is high

Hi,
I want to understand does any of buffer stats help in debugging / validating
that downstream operator is performing slow when Back Pressure is high? Say I
have A -> B operators and A shows High Back Pressure which indicates something
wrong or not performing well on B side which is slowing down operator A.
However when I look at buffers.inputQueueLength for operator B, it's 0. My
understanding is that when B is processing slow, it's input buffer will be full
of incoming messages which ultimately blocks/slows down upstream operator A.
However it doesn't seem to be happening in my case. Can someone throw some
light on how should different stats around buffers (e.g buffers.inPoolUsage,
buffers.inputQueueLength, numBuffersInLocalPerSecond,
numBuffersInRemotePerSecond) look like when downstream operator is performing
slow?

Gagan