Hi!

We've double checked the code, and the only plausible cause of this is that
you may be using flink-avro 1.6.x with Flink 1.7.x.
Could you double check that all Flink dependencies, including flink-avro,
are 1.7.1?
You can verify this by doing `mvn dependency:tree` on your job, and check
that flink-avro 1.6.x isn't in there.

A more detailed explanation of why we suspect this:
In Flink 1.7.x, the job will only fail if a previous Java-serialized
serializer, that couldn't be deserialized in the restore, was attempted to
be used.
In flink-avro 1.7.x, we've made sure that the previous serialized
AvroSerializer instance (which is expected to no longer be deserializable
in 1.7.1) is never accessed. This isn't the case for flink-avro 1.6.x,
which still attempts to access the serializer AvroSerializer instance.

Please update us on your verifications here. And thanks for the effort!

Cheers,
Gordon