This seems strange.  When I pull the ( copyToLocal ) the part file to local
FS, it has the same length as reported by the length file. The fileStatus
from hadoop seems to have a wrong length.
This seems to be true for all these type of discrepancies. It might be that
the block information did not get updated ?

Either am wondering whether the recover ( the one that does a truncate )
need to account for the length in the length file or the length reported by
the FileStatus ?