Hi,

I want to implement my own operator that computes the Count-Min Sketch over
a window in Flink. Then, I found this Jira issue [1]
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2147> which is exactly what I
want. I believe that I have to work out my skills to arrive at a mature
solution.

So, the first thing that comes to my mind is to create my custom operator
like the AggregateApplyWindowFunction [2]
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/api/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/api/functions/windowing/AggregateApplyWindowFunction.html>.
Through this I can create the summary of my data over a window.

Also, I found this custom JoinOperator example by Till Rohrmann [3]
<https://github.com/tillrohrmann/custom-join> which I think I can base my
implementation since it is done over a DataStream.

What are your suggestions to me in order to start to implement a custom
stream operator which computes Count-Min Sketch? Do you have any custom
operator over window/keyBy that I can learn with the source code?

ps.: I have implemented (looking at Blink source code) this a custom
Combiner [4]
<https://github.com/felipegutierrez/explore-flink/blob/master/src/main/java/org/sense/flink/examples/stream/operator/AbstractRichMapStreamBundleOperator.java>
(map-combiner-reduce) operator.

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/api/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/api/functions/windowing/AggregateApplyWindowFunction.html