Global Windows is fine for this use case. I have used the same strategy.
You just define custom evictors and triggers and you are all good. Windows
are managed by keys, so as such as long as events are evicted from the
window, that counts towards reclaiming memory for the key+window
combination. Plus there is just window per key with Global Windows.