Hi,

if you want to increase the parallelism you could also pick a key randomly
from a set of keys. The price you would pay is a shuffle operation (network
I/O) which would not be needed if you were using the unkeyed stream and
used the operator list state.

However, with keyed state you could also use Flink's
RocksDBKeyedStateBackend which allows to go out of core if your state size
should grow very large.

Cheers,
Till