If that is the case, then I would suggest you to check the following two
things:
1. Is the HA mode configured properly in Flink configuration? There should
be a config option "high-availability" in your flink-conf.yarml. If not
configured, the default value would be "NONE".
2. It "ClassPathJobGraphRetriever#retrieveJobGraph" actually invoked, and
is there any exceptions thrown from it. This is to verify whether the
correct code path for job cluster is invoked.

Thank you~

Xintong Song