Hi Felipe,

Hequn is right. The problem you are facing is better using TableAPI level
code instead of dealing with in DataStream. You will have more Flink
library support to achieve your goal.

In addition, Flink TableAPI also support UserDefineAggregateFunction [1] to
achieve your hyperLogLog based approximation. In fact the interface is
similar to the ones in DataStream API [2].

--
Rong

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/table/udfs.html#aggregation-functions>
-release-1.8
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.8/dev/stream/operators/windows.html#aggregatefunction>
/dev/table/udfs.html#aggregation-functions
[2]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.8/dev/stream/operators/windows.html#aggregatefunction