From:Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it>
Send Time:2019年7月5日(星期五) 22:52
To:user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Flink Table API and Date fields

Hi to all,
in my use case I have a stream of POJOs with Date fields.
When I use Table API I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.table.api.ValidationException: SQL
validation failed. Type is not supported: Date
 at
org.apache.flink.table.calcite.FlinkPlannerImpl.validate(FlinkPlannerImpl.scala:112)
 at org.apache.flink.table.planner.StreamPlanner.toRel(StreamPlanner.scala:148)
 at org.apache.flink.table.planner.StreamPlanner.parse(StreamPlanner.scala:114)
 at
org.apache.flink.table.api.internal.TableEnvironmentImpl.sqlQuery(TableEnvironmentImpl.java:268)
Caused by: org.apache.flink.table.api.TableException: Type is not supported:
Date
 at
org.apache.flink.table.calcite.FlinkTypeFactory$.org$apache$flink$table$calcite$FlinkTypeFactory$$typeInfoToSqlTypeName(FlinkTypeFactory.scala:357)

Is there a way to deal with this without converting the Date field to a Long
one?

Best,
Flavio