Hi, Maxim

For the concern talking on the first point:
If HA and checkpointing are enabled, AM (the application master, that is the
job manager you said) will be restarted by YARN after it dies, and then the
dispatcher will try to restore all the previously running jobs correctly. Note
that the number of attempts be decided by the configurations
"yarn.resourcemanager.am.max-attempts" and "yarn.application-attempts". The
obvious difference between the session and per-job modes is that if a fatal
error occurs on AM, it will affect all jobs running in it, while the per-job
mode will only affect one job.

You can look at this document to see how to configure HA for the Flink cluster
on YARN:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.8/ops/jobmanager_high_availability.html#yarn-cluster-high-availability
 .

Best,