Hi Dipanjan,

Here the ’standalone’ is short for ’standalone cluster mode’, which means you
can setup a standalone Flink cluster and submit your SQL queries (via SQL
client) to the cluster.

As far as I know, the current SQL client can only connect to a Flink cluster
deployed in standalone mode.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Xingcan