Hi,

I’m also in favour of at least dropping support for Kafka 0.8.

More generally, I think we have to be careful when recommending to use Flink
connectors from older versions with a newer Flink versions. The interfaces
might be stable but they might use internal code that is not stable, as shown
by [1].

Best,
Aljoscha