We always make a savepoint before we shutdown the job-cluster. So the
savepoint is always the latest. When we fix a bug or change the job graph,
it can resume well.
We only use checkpoints for unplanned downtime, e.g. K8S killed JM/TM,
uncaught exception, etc.

Maybe I do not understand your use case well, I do not see a need to start
from checkpoint after a bug fix.
>From what I know, currently you can use checkpoint as a savepoint as well

Hao Sun