related

Regards,

Julian.

---- On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 15:25:14 +0530 Caizhi Weng <tsreape...@gmail.com>
wrote ----

Hi,

As far as I know, Flink currently doesn't have a built-in throttling function.
You can write your own user-defined function to achieve this. Your function
just gives out what it reads in and limits the speed it gives out records at
the same time.

If you're not familiar with user-defined functions, see
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/table/udfs.html

Here is a throttling iterator example:
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-examples/flink-examples-streaming/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/examples/utils/ThrottledIterator.java

M Singh <mailto:mans2si...@yahoo.com> 于2019年11月25日周一 上午5:50写道:

Hi:

I have an Flink streaming application that invokes  some other web services.
However the webservices have limited throughput.  So I wanted to find out if
there any recommendations on how to throttle the Flink datastream so that they
don't overload the downstrream services.  I am using Kinesis as source and sink
in my application.

Please let me know if there any hooks available in Flink, what are the patterns
that can be used and what are the best practices/pitfalls for using them.

Thanks

Mans