Krzysztof,

Note that if you want to have Flink treat these sequence numbers as event
time timestamps, you probably can, so long as they are generally
increasing, and there's some bound on how out-of-order they can be.

The advantage to doing this is that you might be able to use Flink SQL's
event time sorting directly, rather than implementing something yourself.
To get this to work you will need to be able to specify watermarking --
which should be feasible, so long as there's some bound on the
out-of-orderness of the sequence numbers.

David