Hi Alex,

>> But why also say created watermark for each Kafka topic partitions ?

IMO, the official documentation has explained the reason. Just copied here:

When using Apache Kafka
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/connectors/kafka.html>
as
a data source, each Kafka partition may have a simple event time pattern
(ascending timestamps or bounded out-of-orderness). However, when consuming
streams from Kafka, multiple partitions often get consumed in parallel,
interleaving the events from the partitions and destroying the
per-partition patterns (this is inherent in how Kafka’s consumer clients
work).

In that case, you can use Flink’s Kafka-partition-aware watermark
generation. Using that feature, watermarks are generated inside the Kafka
consumer, per Kafka partition, and the per-partition watermarks are merged
in the same way as watermarks are merged on stream shuffles.

>> As I tested, watermarks also created by global, even I run my job with
parallels. And assign watermarks on Kafka consumer .

Did you follow the official example? Can you share your program?

Best,

Vino

qq <471237...@qq.com> 于2019年12月13日周五 上午9:57写道: