Hi Kristoff,

Thanks for the question.

About Java 11 support, please allow me to quote from our release note [1]:

Lastly, note that the connectors for Cassandra, Hive, HBase, and Kafka
0.8–0.11
have not been tested with Java 11 because the respective projects did not
provide
Java 11 support at the time of the Flink 1.10.0 release

Which is the main reason for us to still make our docker image based on JDK
8.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,
Yu