There are multiple ways of passing configuration parameters to your user
defined code in Flink

a)  use getRuntimeContext().getUserCodeClassLoader().getResource() to load
a config file from your user code jar or the classpath.
b)  use getRuntimeContext().getExecutionConfig().getGlobalJobParameters() to
access a configuration object serialized from the main method.
you can pass a custom object to the job parameters, or use Flink's
"Configuration" object in your main method:

final StreamExecutionEnvironment env =
StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();

Configuration config = new Configuration();
config.setString("foo", "bar");
env.getConfig().setGlobalJobParameters(config);

c) Load the flink-conf.yaml:

Configuration conf = GlobalConfiguration.loadConfiguration();

I'm not 100% sure if this approach works, as it is not intended to be used
in user code (I believe).

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Robert