@Chesnay Flink doesn't seem to guarantee client-jobmanager compability,
even for bug-fix releases. For example, some jobs compiled with 1.9.0 don't
work with a cluster running 1.9.2. See
https://github.com/ververica/sql-training/issues/8#issuecomment-590966210 for
an example of a case when recompiling was necessary.

Does the Flink project have an explicit policy as to when recompiling can
be required?