From: Dawid Wysakowicz
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 15:57
To: Jaswin Shah; user@flink.apache.org; ankit.sing...@paytm.com;
isha.sing...@paytm.com
Subject: Re: Timeout Callbacks issue -Flink

I don't necessarily know how can I better describe it. The MapState/ValueState
is always implicitly scoped to the current key. It will be scoped this way in
all functions of the operator. In processElement1, processElement2, onTimer. It
will always hold whatever you stored there for the current key. It will not
have anything you stored for different keys. ValueState will have the value
that you stored there for OnTimerContext.getCurrentKey(in
onTimer)/Context.getCurrentKey(in processElementX).

I really encourage you to analyze the example I posted as it it quite similar
to what you are doing.

Best,

Dawid