Hi all,

I have a user case where I want to merge several upstream data source (Kafka
topics). The data are essential the same,
but they have different field names.

I guess I can say my problem is not so much about flink itself. It is about how
to deserialize data and merge different data effectively with flink.
I can define different schemas and then deserialize data and merge them
manually. I wonder if there is any dynamical way to do such thing, that is,
I want to changing field names works like changing pandas dataframe column
names. I see there is already
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-120%3A+Support+conversion+between+PyFlink+Table+and+Pandas+DataFrame
but resorting to pandas implies I need to work with python, which is something
I prefer not to do.

What is your practice on dynamically changing sources and merging them? I'd
love to here your opinion.

Bests,
Yi